Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloning HDD to SSD Errors CCC /Disk Utility

Hello everyone,

I have just purchased a 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD for my late 2011 Macbook Pro 15". But I am having troubles cloning my old HDD to it. I first tried with Carbon Copy Cloner. I partitioned it as GUID to 1 partition Mac OS Journaled and ran it through the cloning. After about 8 hours I got an error message that 3 files couldn't be cloned. Then the program closed. The SSD wa inly filled with 449GB although my HDD has around 610GB. I then tried to clone it using Disk Utility in recovery mode. For this I erased the content on the SSD, then used the restore tab on my HDD, the HDD as source and the SSD as destination. After a while I got this error: "Input/Output Error". What could be the cause? The three files? Or could the SSD possibly have a defect (although when I run it through disk repair it says its fine) ? Oh, the SSD is connected to the Mac with a USB 3.0 cable to a USB 2.0 port…

I would greatly appreciate your help, since I am on a deadline and need the SSD to work.

Thank you very much,

Sebastian

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 4:30 AM

1 reply

Cloning HDD to SSD Errors CCC /Disk Utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.