Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery information (for apps) suddenly gone ? - iOS 9.2/9.2.1

Hey guys,

Am I the only one with this annoying bug of the battery information for apps (not the usage/stand up time) suddenly going away and you start seeing the message "Battery Information will be available after using iPhone for a few minutes" ??

I tend to check my apps battery consumption and since I bought my iPhone 5s one month ago, I have noticed this bug like once in every 5/6 days or so. Thing is, it won't fix unless you perform 1 or 2 full charges, or even better, just perform a hard reset (power + home for 10 seconds) and then after a full charge overnight, the following day it will start showing again.

It happened to me in 9.2 and also in 9.2.1. My 5s came with 9.0.2 so I haven't had the chance to test these bugs on previous versions.

This, and the transition effects disappearing suddenly (iOS 9 Transition Effects Disappearing Suddenly - iPhone 6) are the most annoying bugs I have found so far in this month of using my new iPhone 5s. I have been using Android for many years and switched to iPhone because I was getting tired of Android bugs, but it seems iOS is no really that big improvement 😠

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:37 AM

5 replies

Feb 11, 2016 4:26 AM in response to EmilianoDTH

Well, it seems it won't fix on its own this time. I did a hard reset, then a full charge and I'm on 97% and still the text "battery information will be available after using iPhone for a few minutes"... the other 2 or 3 times this happened i fixed it by performing a hard reset and then a full charge, then the next day, the battery info was back for all apps.

Now it seems they won't. I'm getting tired of these bugs, really.

Feb 11, 2016 5:20 AM in response to EmilianoDTH

OK, It came back now.

It seems this issue is related to a little usage of the "screen" for the last 24hs. I haven't used much screen time the past 36hs, and it seems that's why I started to see that message.

It seems iPhone needs at least 25/30 minutes of screen on time to show stastics for apps. No matter how much background usage or stand by usage you can give it.

Look at this article (look for Battery info section), I guess its pretty accurate

http://eskerahn.dk/wordpress/?p=965

Feb 17, 2016 7:05 AM in response to EmilianoDTH

Well, even though using the the phone for giving it more SOT time might fix the issue (this occurs when the screen on time is not enought over the last 24hs), there's moments that a hard reset is a must to resolve it, and after that, the stastics will start up showing next day (if the SOT time was more than 25/30 minutes the last 24hs).

So, its a mix, half a bug (because it needs a hard reboot to start appearing again) and half because what's wrong is the text, it should be "you must use the phone for 30 minutes actively to the stastics to appear", or something like that.

I will hard reboot my phone tonight and hopefully the stats are back again tomorrow morning. I tried a normal reboot (turn off, turn on) yesterday night and it didn't help. A hard reboot has fixed this issue in the past for me.

Btw, nobody with this issue ? I have seen several users with this issue in other forums. Can't believe nobody here experiences this.

Battery information (for apps) suddenly gone ? - iOS 9.2/9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.