Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update Pages to 5.6?

I have Pages 5.2.2 and would like to update it to 5.6 but can't figure out how to do it. When I open the program, it has never asked me if I want to update and there is nothing in the Help menu about updating. Truth be told, I'm still using Pages 4.0.3 because I don't like Pages 5, but after reading an article about the 5.6 update, I'd like to try it to see if it now suits my needs.

Thanks!

Mac Pro (Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 9:45 AM

In the Appstore: select the "Purchased" Tab: Pages should be there as purchased. Then click the button at the right.

5 replies

Feb 10, 2016 9:44 AM in response to orcaslynn

Pages v5.6.1 (current) requires OS X 10.10.4 or later for installation. Your Pages v5.2.2 is at the end of the road for updates, without updating your operating system to El Capitan.

Even over two years later, Pages v5.6.1 contains a small subset of features that are found in Pages '09 v4.3. If you installed your Pages '09 from DVD, then there is a DVD-only Apple iWork 9.3 updater available for download that will take you to Pages '09 v4.3.

Feb 10, 2016 9:49 AM in response to Lexiepex

Thanks for your answer, LexSchellings. I found out that I can't update to Pages 5.6 because I refuse to run El Capitan. I am on 10.9.5 and intend to stay there for quite a while. No big deal. I like Pages '09 better anyway.

Also, thanks to you, VikingOSX. I had no idea that Pages '09 was updated. For some reason, the App Store had never alerted me to that and I was still on 4.0.3. Now, I'm good.

Feb 10, 2016 10:46 AM in response to orcaslynn

Pages '09 from the DVD installation installs application dependent libraries into System locations, while the OS X App Store individually purchased iWork '09 applications have libraries internal to the applications.

I was careful to quality that the Apple iWork 9.3 updater was strictly to update the iWork '09 DVD applications. If you apply it to older iWork '09 applications that were individually purchased from the OS X App Store, you will overwrite your existing App Store '09 applications with versions that require external libraries to work. The iWork 9.3 updater does not install any related System frameworks. You are left with '09 applications that no longer work.

You would have been notified via OS X Software Update about any iWork '09 updates — prior to upgrading to OS X Mavericks, and prior to the Fall 2013 release of Pages v5. After that, you would not receive update notifications for any iWork '09 applications.

How can I update Pages to 5.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.