Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I sell Music from Garageband with Apple Loops?

I was wondering if I could sell GarageBand music with the new GarageBand update. Could I make a song and have a couple of apple loops in the song? Could I also only use Apple Loops and sell?

GarageBand (iPad), iOS 9.2.1, iPad Air 2

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 7:13 AM

Yes, you can use the loops in your projects and sell the songs. The only restriction is, that you must not sell the loops as loops.

If you look up GarageBand at the AppStore, you will see a link to the App Licence Agreement: App License Agreement

You may use the instruments and loops to produce your piece of art, but not distribute them as stand-alone loops or instruments.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2016 7:13 AM in response to jacquesimo

Yes, you can use the loops in your projects and sell the songs. The only restriction is, that you must not sell the loops as loops.

If you look up GarageBand at the AppStore, you will see a link to the App Licence Agreement: App License Agreement

You may use the instruments and loops to produce your piece of art, but not distribute them as stand-alone loops or instruments.

User uploaded file

Can I sell Music from Garageband with Apple Loops?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.