Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sync music with IPhone! Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not listed in my Device Manager. Please help!

I have an IPhone 5 and have always had no problems syncing it with my ITunes. I now have a new Windows laptop and am using Windows 10. I have downloaded ITunes and all of my music appears in my music library, which is awesome. But when I plug my IPhone into the USB on my laptop and try to sync my music, the laptop doesn't recognize my phone. The little phone icon never appears in ITunes, and when I run diagnostics, it also says my phone isn't there. I've gone into my Device Manager and the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver isn't there. HELP! Thank you!

iPhone 5, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 5:38 AM

4 replies

Feb 11, 2016 9:58 AM in response to Alliegurl1

Hey Alliegurl1,
I understand that you are unable to sync your iPhone because you don't see the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver installed. That is something that you can fix by right clicking on Universal Serial Bus controllers and clicking on Scan for hardware changes and this should seek them out and install them on your PC. Take a look at the article below for more details.
If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095

You see an exclamation point or question mark

If you see User uploaded file or User uploaded file by the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver, you need to reinstall the driver:

1. Right click on Apple Mobile Device Driver, then select Uninstall.
  2. When asked, select "Delete the driver software for this device." Click OK to continue.
  3. In the Device Manager window, right-click on Universal Serial Bus controllers and select Scan for hardware changes.
    User uploaded file
  4. Wait while Windows reinstalls the driver.
    User uploaded file
  5. If these steps don't fix the issue, contact Apple Support.

Take it easy

Feb 11, 2016 8:06 PM in response to norm123

Hi norm124,

Thank you for your response. The problem is that when I go into Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not there. At all. I right clicked like you suggested also, but nothing happened....probably because it isn't there.

I'm kind of at a loss. This is a brand new computer so am not sure why it isn't there. Perhaps I need a trip to the Microsoft Store....

-Alliegurl1

Cannot sync music with IPhone! Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not listed in my Device Manager. Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.