Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes password to nonworking email

I bought some things on iTunes years ago (2012 and earlier) when my Apple ID was an email from a now-defunct company. I don't remember its password any more, yet whenever I reset my iPhone, it asks me for the password for this email.

How can I change the password to this email if I cannot receive any emails from it anymore.

IBM Clone, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 7:10 AM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2016 8:59 AM in response to itunes999

Thanks.

Since the Apple ID is old and hasn't been used since 2012, Apple doesn't recognize it as someone's current Apple ID. I get an error message saying this when I go to the link you kindly provided.

Please keep in mind that this email address is no longer even functional. The domain provider has gone out of business, Thus, I cannot use even a "Forgot Password" form since there is no email address any more to send the password reset link to any more.

My problem is that I bought things while this email was my apple ID and now, every time I reset any of my Apple devices, they ask for the password for this old apple ID (so that I can still use the things I bought using it a long time ago). But, I no longer know this old password.

How can I get my devices to let me use and sync the things I bought with an old apple id whose password is now unknown?

itunes password to nonworking email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.