Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto on G5ppc. How to unlock a locked application file

I have had drive problems with my G5 PPC running 10.4.11 but this now rectified, However, possibly as consequence of the problems, I am unable to use iphoto - PPC tells me the file is locked and I do not have permissions, I want to move iphotos to a new mac and then into Photos. Advice on how to unlock iphotos is requested..

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 12:53 AM

It's probably not locked at all, just bogus error report.

To move the Library to a new Machine:

To move an iPhoto Library to a new machine:

Link the two Macs together: there are several ways to do this: Wireless Network,Firewire Target Disk Mode, Ethernet, or even just copy the Library to an external HD and then on to the new machine...

But however you do choose to link the two machines...

Simply copy the iPhoto Library from the Pictures Folder on the old Machine to the Pictures Folder on the new Machine.

That's it.

This moves photos, events, albums, books, keywords, slideshows and everything else.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 12:53 AM in response to jedwal

It's probably not locked at all, just bogus error report.

To move the Library to a new Machine:

To move an iPhoto Library to a new machine:

Link the two Macs together: there are several ways to do this: Wireless Network,Firewire Target Disk Mode, Ethernet, or even just copy the Library to an external HD and then on to the new machine...

But however you do choose to link the two machines...

Simply copy the iPhoto Library from the Pictures Folder on the old Machine to the Pictures Folder on the new Machine.

That's it.

This moves photos, events, albums, books, keywords, slideshows and everything else.

Feb 11, 2016 1:19 AM in response to jedwal

There's no way to of from iPhoto -> Photos -> Lightroom.

If LR is your ultimate destination you can import iPhoto Libraries, but if you're coming from a mac running 10.4, it's unlikely that your iPhoto Libraries will be current enough, but worth a try.

Other than that you're just importing the originals.

iphoto on G5ppc. How to unlock a locked application file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.