Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I pair other remote with Apple TV when away from home and forgot the apple remote?

traveling and took Apple TV so we can watch itunes stuff. Forgot remote, but place has direct tv remote. How can I pair without the original remote?

Apple TV, tvOS 9

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:22 AM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2016 8:08 AM in response to Daddy Waddy

If you have an iPhone or iPad, you could take your ATV to an Apple Store and let them help you download and pair the Apple remote app.

If the direct TV remote has a universal remote function, take the remote to an Apple Store and get them to program it with the basic ATV functions.

Hope you are near an Apple Store because without it I think you are out of luck.

Read thishttp://help.apple.com/appletv/#/atvb0410f604

How can I pair other remote with Apple TV when away from home and forgot the apple remote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.