Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad has been running slowly and has now stopped working completely and will not switch on

My iPad is a few years old (I think iPad 2, 32GB Model A1395 2, no internet,). For w few weeks it has been running very slowly but has now stopped altogether. I cannot switch it on even when connected to a power source. Any ideas?

Bob

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:47 AM

You can try resetting it: Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). If you see the Apple, you should be in business. Once the reset is complete, the Slide to Unlock screen will display.

If that doesn't work, then you probably want to make a visit to the Apple Store so they can look at it. It doesn't cost anything to have it looked at. Be sure to make a Genius Bar appointment so you don't have to wait all day....

Best of luck,

GB

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2016 6:47 AM in response to BobPPC

You can try resetting it: Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). If you see the Apple, you should be in business. Once the reset is complete, the Slide to Unlock screen will display.

If that doesn't work, then you probably want to make a visit to the Apple Store so they can look at it. It doesn't cost anything to have it looked at. Be sure to make a Genius Bar appointment so you don't have to wait all day....

Best of luck,

GB

My iPad has been running slowly and has now stopped working completely and will not switch on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.