Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone keeps disconnecting from wifi

My iphone keeps disconnecting form the work wifi. It will work until the phone is locked, and then it shows that the wifi is connected but I'll have to redo the user agreement every single time. Is there a way to manually override it from disconnecting every time the phone is locked? I'm guessing that it's set to disconnect when the phone is not in use, which would be fine, but it's not ideal to have to redo the user agreement frequently throughout the day.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:46 AM

5 replies

Feb 11, 2016 11:19 AM in response to cymru3

Hi cymru3,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPhone. I'm a bit unclear on exactly what you are seeing or describing, but if you are saying that there is a pop-up user agreement when you connect to the network, it may be that your work is using a type of captive network. These are most often seen in paid public or restricted access networks, but some businesses also use them for user agreements or terms when connecting to their network. If that is the case, you may find the information and steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Feb 12, 2016 4:16 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I'm not actually having any issues connecting to the network, which is what that link seems to help with. My problem is that it will connect, I'll open up safari and it will come up with a user agreement. I'll press agree and I can then use the network. If my phone locks, or if I lose wifi signal for whatever reason, I have to go through the whole thing again. It doesn't stay connected. Not so much an issue with the signal but the user agreement just keeps coming up preventing continuous use.

Hope that makes sense

Feb 13, 2016 2:54 PM in response to cymru3

No problem. In particular, I was hoping you might find the portion on auto-joining helpful:

Join Wi-Fi networks automatically

Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch will remember the network and login information so you can automatically reconnect to that network when you're in range.

If your device doesn't automatically join a captive Wi-Fi network, follow these steps:

1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi
  2. Tap User uploaded file next to the network name.
  3. Make sure Auto-Join is turned on.
    User uploaded file

Turn Auto-Join off if you don't want to connect automatically. Turn Auto-Login off to skip the Welcome screen the next time you connect to the network.

Feb 13, 2016 4:02 PM in response to brenden dv

Thanks again for your reply. Unfortunately I don't get that option when I open up that section of settings. Also, it technically stays connects to the wifi (as in, the wifi symbol is present in the top right), I just can't use the internet for anything until I redo the user agreement. It's really strange and I can't work it out.

iphone keeps disconnecting from wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.