Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I smooth zoom just a spreadsheet to any increment?

Numbers has a Zoom box in the tool bar but the amounts are fixed. I'd like to choose ANY increment of zooming my spreadsheet. And, hopefully in a way which is smooth such as scrolling rather than entering or clicking something.

To be clear, I do NOT want to zoom my entire desktop screen and the windows on it. I do not want to magnify one small section. Enlarging the letters grossly affects the layout. If I use the corner handle to make the spreadsheet larger or smaller, it affects the layout. Ideally I'd like a FREE FLOWING way to enlarge or shrink the view of the specific spreadsheet. If I'm stuck entering numbers, that would be better than rigid choices.

I have an iMac 27-inch late 2009, OS X Yosemite (10.11.3)

Numbers Version 3.6.1 (2566)

Any help would be be appreciated. Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 7:27 AM

hold the command and the option key while using the scroll wheel. I have an magic mouse, and <command> + <option> while sliding my finger up or down on the mouse will zoom

3 replies

How do I smooth zoom just a spreadsheet to any increment?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.