Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s vibration

Hello,

I got an iPhone 6s. The first one I got was about a month ago, and the vibration just stopped working completely. 3d touch haptic stopped working, text, facebook, anything that requires vibrations just stopped working. So I went into the apple store and got a new Iphone 6s and it worked fine. But now the vibration on my new Iphone 6s stopped working. All my settings are right, vibration is turned on, vibrate on silent is turned on as well.

The only solution I found out was that to restart my phone, but it gets annoying because i would have to restart my phone every one-two days. Is there a solution to this?

Because this is my second Iphone 6s already in one month.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 7:50 AM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2016 12:36 PM in response to theoneandonly23

Hi theoneandonly23,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue again with your iPhone. If this missing vibration issues has happened the same way across multiple phones and is temporarily fixed by restarting your device, it is most likely a software or settings/data issue. You may want to make sure you have a current backup of your data, then try reinstalling a fresh copy of iOS as outlined in the following article (the article is aimed at a slightly different issue, but the steps listed are useful more generally):

If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up

You might see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen for a long time during start up. Try these steps:

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or won't turn on - Apple Support

If the issue persists, you may then want to try restoring your iPhone to factory setting, then testing it in that state for at least a couple of days without restoring any of your data or settings. You may find this article helpful as well:

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Regards

iPhone 6s vibration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.