Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 4014 on iPhone 6s

I have had my phone for precisely 30 days and yesterday while walking out of my office I sent one last text prior to getting into my car. I noticed that my phone did not connect to my bluetooth in my car and looked at my phone to see that it was black and non responsive. No traumatic events have happened to my phone. I got home and hooked it up to my iMac and it said that it was in recovery / restore mode and it needed to be updated - clicked to update and it just sat there. I kept getting the same error that dealt with connectivity. I made sure that all of my software was up to date on my computer. I transitioned through various apple USB connections and bounced between my iMac and my MacBook to see if it would solve the issue since these were listed in the self help for this error. Nothing worked.

I guess I just don't understand how the phone shutdown and/or crashed and then went into recovery without any drops or falls or the like. I have used iPhone since 2004 so I am not a new user by any means. I am just a frustrated user. Sprint has yet to help me with an answer and when I called Apple Care they indicated that I am over a year and warranty has expired. I am beyond frustrated now since I am clearly not outside the year warranty given the phone has only been launched since September 2015.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 8:00 AM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2016 8:07 AM in response to llkboos

So I am assuming you have an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus? You aren't outside of your warranty you are outside of your 90 day free telephone support.

Are you running any antivirus software on your computers? You are running iTunes 12.3?

If you have an Apple Store near you can make a Genius Bar appointment and have it tested. Or go online and start here: http://www.apple.com/support/

Error 4014 on iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.