Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clear a passcode with Configurator 2

I have a student iPad that mysteriously turned up with a passcode. I have seen the option to clear passcodes in both ProfileManager and Configurator2.

I thought I would use ProfileManager and push out the command but then discovered that the iPad is not connecting to wifi.

So I decided to connect it to Configurator2 and push the command. When I plug it into Configurator2 I get an error message that reads "Configurator could not communicate with "iPad" because it has not been unlocked after a restart or update. Enter your passcode on the device to unlock it and then try the action again."

Am I misunderstanding what the "clear passcode" function is designed to do? If I am misunderstanding, I guess I will just recover the iPad and move on. If there is something I am missing, please let me know. I would really prefer to just unlock the iPad.

Thanks,

Lauretta

iPad Air, iOS 9.2.1, Configurator 2.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 8:02 AM

There are no replies.

Clear a passcode with Configurator 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.