Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing APN Settings on iOS 9.2.1

Spent many hours over months trying to get Cricket Wireless to update APN settings after we upgraded to iOS 9 in order for MMS to work correctly with no luck. Before investing more time into the battle, is there any way to just view these settings (not edit) to see if they are even incorrect? If not, there should be.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1, (2) iPhone 6 and (1) iPhone 4s

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 9:00 AM

7 replies

Feb 10, 2016 10:12 AM in response to ZikzakCorp

Thanks, ZikzakCorp, but Cricket Wireless utilizes the AT&T network. AT&T does not allow Apple to give access to these settings. None of these options are available in our settings menu. This is what changed with iOS 9. We understand that they do not want users to change these settings, but there must be some way to just display them. Can they be downloaded into a log or somehow viewed? As I mentioned, we are worried that we are fighting to get the APN settings corrected when we are not 100% sure that they are incorrect. iTunes does indicate that our carrier settings were updated, but we still cannot get MMS to work correctly.

Feb 10, 2016 10:19 AM in response to beck_iphone

Cricket Wireless is not a supported carrier. Because they are piggybacking on the AT&T network, the network identifies itself as AT&T and the phone sets the APN accordingly.

You will not have access to those settings so long as you're using a supported carrier or, as in your case, an MVNO who is piggybacking on a supported carrier's network.

Cricket will have to supply you with a configuration file for your phone that will set it correctly for their network, or you will have to switch to a supported carrier, or at least one that works correctly.

May 19, 2016 9:27 AM in response to beck_iphone

This is frustrating as heck. I have a unlocked iPhone 4S, all of the features worked. Now I have a unlocked iPhone 6 I just wanted to use it on the same network, just changing from one phone to the next. I used my new SIM card and updated as stated in the activation steps, but now the only thing not working is MMS. Why is this a problem to be able to make changes to the phone you brought unlocked to be able to use it on any supported network. This is crap and this is why Android devices are becoming more of a choice since it's easier to make changes on it than on a iOS device. 😠

Viewing APN Settings on iOS 9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.