Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari application is crashed

I am a mac user. And I have a Macbook pro which is late 2011 version. I have been using it for a while now and for the past few months an error has occurred in the Safari app. 1st I thought its a problem with the internet network. But then I found out that it internet works fine with the Chrome. Therefore I understood that it is fault in the app. Its hard to open any pages from safari. And also if I try to wait for the page to open either it goes to different random pages or the laptop freezes. I even have updated my laptop to the latest updates. Therefor I would like to get a good reason and a good solution for this matter. Thank you

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 11:34 AM

Go step by step and test.

1. Disable Extensions and test.

Safari > Preferences > Extensions

Select extensions, uncheck boxes beside “Enable Extension” and test.

Enable Extensions one by one and test.

To uninstall any extension, select it and click the “Uninstall” button.

2. Safari > Preferences > Search > Search Engine :

Select your preferred search engine.

3. Safari > Preferences > General > Homepage:

Set your Homepage.

4. Use free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac/ AdwareMedic to remove adware

http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php

Download, install , open, and run it by clicking “Scan for Adware” button to remove adware.

Once done, quit Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

or

Remove the adware manually by following the “HowTo” from Apple.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203987

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2016 11:34 AM in response to SudaraNana

Go step by step and test.

1. Disable Extensions and test.

Safari > Preferences > Extensions

Select extensions, uncheck boxes beside “Enable Extension” and test.

Enable Extensions one by one and test.

To uninstall any extension, select it and click the “Uninstall” button.

2. Safari > Preferences > Search > Search Engine :

Select your preferred search engine.

3. Safari > Preferences > General > Homepage:

Set your Homepage.

4. Use free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac/ AdwareMedic to remove adware

http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php

Download, install , open, and run it by clicking “Scan for Adware” button to remove adware.

Once done, quit Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

or

Remove the adware manually by following the “HowTo” from Apple.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203987

Feb 10, 2016 6:49 PM in response to SudaraNana

First, never use any kind of "anti-virus" or "anti-malware" software on a Mac. That's how you cause problems, not how you solve them.

Please read this whole message before doing anything.

This procedure is a diagnostic test. It’s unlikely to solve your problem. Don’t be disappointed when you find that nothing has changed after you complete it.

The purpose of the test is to determine whether the problem is caused by third-party software that loads automatically at startup or login, by a peripheral device, by a font conflict, or by corruption of the file system or of certain system caches.

Disconnect all wired peripherals except those needed for the test, and remove all aftermarket expansion cards, if applicable. Start up in safe mode and log in to the account with the problem.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t do this. Ask for further instructions.

Safe mode is much slower to start up and run than normal, with limited graphics performance, and some things won’t work at all, including sound output and Wi-Fi on certain models. The next normal startup may also be somewhat slow.

The login screen appears even if you usually login automatically. You must know your login password in order to log in. If you’ve forgotten the password, you will need to reset it before you begin.

Test while in safe mode. Same problem?

After testing, restart as usual (not in safe mode) and verify that you still have the problem. Post the results of the test.

Safari application is crashed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.