Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 2 (32 G) several years old will not come on. I press the on/off button and the Apple comes up but then goes away without the lock/unlock screen coming up. I've tried to do a hard restart, but get the same result. It was fully charged.

I tried turning on my iPad 2 (32 G, 9.2.1 OS) last night after taking it off the charger. The apple appears when you hold down the on/off button, sits for a bit, then goes off. The lock/unlock screen never appears. I've also tried the hard restart (holding on/off button & start button at the same time) but to no avail. I have left it off the charger to let the battery run completely down, but without it running, I won't be able to tell when that takes place.

iPad 2, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 9:28 AM

2 replies

My iPad 2 (32 G) several years old will not come on. I press the on/off button and the Apple comes up but then goes away without the lock/unlock screen coming up. I've tried to do a hard restart, but get the same result. It was fully charged.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.