Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off Genius in the iTunes Store?

I have iTunes Match and have uploaded many songs into the cloud—several today. However, now when I try to upload I am getting a message that I cannot do so without turning off Genius in the iTunes Store.

1. I did not knowingly turn on Genius.

2. How do I turn it off? I can't even find it in the iTunes store.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), null

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 6:29 AM

If you've subscribed to iTunes Match, in newer iTunes versions, iTunes Genius and iTunes Match are connected to each other. As a result, you sometimes won't see an option to turn iTunes Genius off. In those cases, you first have to turn iTunes Match off by going to Store ->Turn Off iTunes Match. When you do this, the Turn Off Geniusmenu will appear. Select that to disable Genius.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 6:29 AM in response to stephenfromwinchester

If you've subscribed to iTunes Match, in newer iTunes versions, iTunes Genius and iTunes Match are connected to each other. As a result, you sometimes won't see an option to turn iTunes Genius off. In those cases, you first have to turn iTunes Match off by going to Store ->Turn Off iTunes Match. When you do this, the Turn Off Geniusmenu will appear. Select that to disable Genius.

How do I turn off Genius in the iTunes Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.