Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of an autofill spelling error? Every time I use my email address to log in to a web site an auto prompt comes up with a misspelled email address and if I am not careful and forget to hit the X I enter the wrong email address. I

How do I get rid of an autofill spelling error? Every time I use my email address to log in to a web site an auto prompt comes up with a misspelled email address and if I am not careful and forget to hit the X I enter the wrong email address. I've tried to follow the directions I found in Apple Support but it's not working. Can you be more explicit. Do I underline in the original the bad replacement or what I want it to be? I've tried both ways but it just changes it for the one time and does not remove it from the list of suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 5:39 PM

Please select the incorrect entry and right-click or control-click. From the popup menu, select

Spelling and Grammar Show Spelling and Grammar

A small window will open. In the text box at the top, enter the incorrect text, then click Change.

2 replies

How do I get rid of an autofill spelling error? Every time I use my email address to log in to a web site an auto prompt comes up with a misspelled email address and if I am not careful and forget to hit the X I enter the wrong email address. I

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.