Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to search calendar more than 12 months back, please help.

If I know the exact date of an event older than 12 months in Calendar, I can go to that date and see it; however, if I search for it, it will not come up in the search results. What should I do differently? Or is this a very basic feature enhancement Apple still needs to make to its Calendar program? This is an issue on my iPhone 6+ Calendar, but not on my MacBook Pro Calendar. I use iCloud to sync all events in Calendar.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), iPhone 6+

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 9:33 AM

4 replies

Feb 11, 2016 2:27 PM in response to obersee

Hi obersee,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, you're able to see events in the Calendar app on your iPhone but events that are more than a year old aren't appearing when searching the Calendar app. The article below provides general app troubleshooting tips that may resolve the issue the Calendar app.

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Check for iOS and app updates

Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.

If the issue persists, you can try ruling out an issue with iOS by restoring the iPhone as shown here:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Cheers.

Unable to search calendar more than 12 months back, please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.