Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change from 960 x 540 to 1280 x 350?

Help!

My webmaster needs a video that's 1280 x 350, but the video I created in iMovie '11 is 960 x 540.

How can I make this change?

Thank you so much.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 9:40 AM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2016 4:50 PM in response to Cinephile8

You can do that with mpeg-streamclip, an app that can be downloaded for free here:

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

I'm sure that there are many other apps that also can do what you want. Many people on this board use and like mpeg-streamclip as a basic tool for video conversions, so that would be a good place to start. If it doesn't work, you can try another app.

First thing, make a copy of your movie and work with the copy. You don't want something to go awry and ruin your original.

After you download the app, open it and drag the copy of your movie into the mpeg-streamclip screen. Then go to the File menu to see the various formats

to which you can export. Click on one. You'll get a dialogue box showing various settings for your exported movie. There is a list of various

aspect ratios, and the last one is "other", that will let you type in 1280 x 350.

You may want to experiment with a small portion of your movie copy until you are satisfied or to see if there is any distortion. I'd probably start with Export to Mpeg-4, select H.264 in the compression box at the top. Move the slider bar to 100% Quality. Enter your 1280 x 350. Check Frame Blending and Better Downscaling, and Deinterlace Video. See how that works.

Good luck with this.

Change from 960 x 540 to 1280 x 350?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.