Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading iPad 2 (Verizon) to iPad Air 2 - How? Sim?

I am shopping (USA) for an iPad Air 2 to replace my iPad 2 that has always had an unlimited Verizon data plan. I believe the Sim cards are not interchangeable and I believe I will be going from 3G to 4G. Ideally, I would keep the same Verizon plan at the same price.

• What will I need to do to get (if I can) the same plan/price on my new (or possibly used) iPad Air 2?
  • Do I need to go to a Verizon store and have them do some kind of sim swap or install?
  • If buying used is there anything special I should consider as far as sim/carrier is concerned?

Appreciate any feedback.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 11:18 AM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2016 12:56 PM in response to meegwell

meegwell wrote:

Templeton Peck wrote:

Contact Verizon and ask them. They control your data plan.

Thanks. Contacting Verizon and getting an accurate answer in a reasonable amount of time without sitting on hold or being switched between reps would be ideal.

Anyone with experience concerning this type of change I would appreciate some feedback.

I am shopping (USA) for an iPad Air 2 to replace my iPad 2 that has always had an unlimited Verizon data plan. I believe the Sim cards are not interchangeable and I believe I will be going from 3G to 4G. Ideally, I would keep the same Verizon plan at the same price.

Allow me to edit the questions to remove the Verizon plan part:

• Do I need to go to a Verizon store and have them do some kind of sim swap or install?
  • If buying used is there anything special I should consider as far as sim/carrier is concerned?

Appreciate any related feedback.

Upgrading iPad 2 (Verizon) to iPad Air 2 - How? Sim?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.