Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPro Early 2008 _ Freezing

Please helpI have a MacPro Early 2008. I am running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.

Processor 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory 8 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB

The issue that I am having is this: my Mac freezes up off and on throughout the day. It seems to happen after I have been on the internet, especially if I use FireFox, (43.0.4) and download anything. I have downloaded fonts, Photoshop backgrounds, brushes, stock photos, etc.

I had two things happen that may have caused this:

) I was trying some pdf compression software through the internet, and it would crash my system after a few compressions.

2.) The battery backup on my Mac failed a couple of times and brought my Mac completely down. It is a professional sized unit, so I am assuming something is wrong with it.

Before my Mac freezes, Illustrator starts responding very slowly. Eventually, it locks up and I am forced to do a hard shutdown at the CPU. Sometimes my monitors (dual cinema) will shut down as well.

Once I reboot the Mac, then Creative Cloud will launch and ask me to sign in even though I did not have it running before the crash. Typically the crash will also cause Suitcase Fusion 4 to fail, and I have to rebuild the FM Core.

Someone suggested that I buy Bitdefender and see if I picked up some malware. I havent done that as of yet. I dont run any security software other than keeping my Mac security updated through Software Updates.

I am hoping someone has some ideas about what might be causing these issues, what I can try and how to resolve the problems.

Thanks so much!

Sheryl

Mac Pro (Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 12:33 PM

There are no replies.

MacPro Early 2008 _ Freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.