Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9.2.1 Crashed my Sprint IPhone 4S. Now my carrier says Verizon. Can anyone Help?

I recently allowed my Sprint IPhone 4s to update to IOS 9.2.1, HUGE MISTAKE!!! Because now it says its a Verizon phone?????????

Since updating the phone I cannot make nor receive calls. I have spent the past 3 days on the phone with both Sprint and Apple Support and neither seems to be able to help me. We have reset the phone at least 15 times. The phone will not Restore from ITunes nor will it restore from ICloud. Finally i decided to forget the restore and just tried setting the phone up as if it were brand new. That didn't work either. Every time I try the ##873283# I hear a voicemail from Verizon asking if I want to make a call using my credit card. I've also tried ##25327# but that does nothing at all. We have also tried holding the top and bottom buttons so that the Apple and power cord comes on the screen and then connecting to itunes to update & restore all that did was unlock my phone which is what i think deleted Sprint as my carrier. After looking at the settings I noticed my phones carrier now says Verizon!!! I have never owned a Verizon phone . I bought this phone directly from the Sprint store a few years ago. We can't figure out why. When speaking with Apple Support, they say the phone shows no carrier at all in their system. The guy said that was both good and bad news, Meaning that my phone is now unlocked and can be used on any carrier. Problem is, I just want to connect back to Sprint. But the folks at Sprint don't seem to know how to fix the issue. Both Sprint and Apple say its the other company's issue. So I ended up having to order a new phone, which won't be here for a couple of days. But in the mean time I'd really like to get this phone working again. Does anyone here or anywhere know how to fix this problem?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 11:46 AM

1 reply

IOS 9.2.1 Crashed my Sprint IPhone 4S. Now my carrier says Verizon. Can anyone Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.