Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with airdrop on macbook pro OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

So I have been having trouble with my airdrop lately between my wife's macbook air and my macbook pro. Both of us are running on the same OS, but for some reason I am not able to send her any files. Her airdrop works perfectly on her macbook air with other laptops as well as iPhones, and iPads. But mine on the other hand isn't working. Has anyone else had this problem with their macbook pro? If so what do you recommend me doing?

Thank You

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 12:33 PM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2016 7:27 AM in response to b.guwap0

I have a similar problem. It involves my MacBook Pro. It will not recognize my iPhone when I open Airdrop. My iPhone does recognize the MacBook Pro, so I can send from my iPhone to the Mac, but not the other way around. The only way that I have found to overcome the situation is to logout from iCloud in my Macbook pro. Then it works fine, but when I logon to iCloud, the problem reappears.

Problems with airdrop on macbook pro OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.