Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CPL + express

can I set up a wireless network with express plug to a CPL plug (devolo). I have a cpl plug link to my free box but I have another room in the garden where the second cpl plug works when I use a ethernet cable. I would like to create a wifi network in the garden room. How should I set up the express base station ? is there a chance to have a wifi network first ?

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 11:12 AM

As I see the CPL is ethernet over power adapter.. these can work fine.

Plug the Express into the CPL ethernet.. set the Express in bridge mode.. and set it to create a wireless network of the same name and security as the other wireless routers in your network (for roaming).

That is standard layout with apple routers.

Wi-Fi base stations: Setting up and configuring a roaming network (802.11 a/b/g/n) - Apple Support

The instructions were updated recently but unfortunately apple didn't bother using later utility to do it. The way to do it is clear enough though.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 11:12 AM in response to Frakat49

As I see the CPL is ethernet over power adapter.. these can work fine.

Plug the Express into the CPL ethernet.. set the Express in bridge mode.. and set it to create a wireless network of the same name and security as the other wireless routers in your network (for roaming).

That is standard layout with apple routers.

Wi-Fi base stations: Setting up and configuring a roaming network (802.11 a/b/g/n) - Apple Support

The instructions were updated recently but unfortunately apple didn't bother using later utility to do it. The way to do it is clear enough though.

CPL + express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.