Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store and App Store login problem

This is iTunes 12.3.2.35 on a Macbook Pro late 2011 running El Capitan 10.11.3

I can access my Apple account online as well this forum with my Apple Id. iTunes Store login keeps waiting forever though. The App Store hangs as well.

The only way to use iTunes then is to force quit.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11), MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 12:55 PM

8 replies

Feb 11, 2016 2:09 PM in response to pbraconnot

One thing may be related to this. I have changed my password recently and when I checked the Two-Step Verification in my Apple ID page I got a message saying that I could not set ip up right after changing my password. I should wait something like four days to enable two-step verification. If this is preventing me to login in the iTunes it is a bug for sure.

Mar 10, 2016 6:54 PM in response to pbraconnot

Problem solved.

Trying to spend up my Macbook Pro I did some research and this following thread told that I could disable aspd as it only works for FaceTime (I don't use it)

What is the aspd process?

After I disabled the aspd daemon, I could not login to AppStore, iCloud or iTunes. It took me a month to discover it because I don't use these apps so often and didn't note anything wrong right away.

Thanks to Apple high level support they ask me to send the Terminal history and this line appeared in history:

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.apsd.plist

then this line solved my problem:

sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.apsd.plist

iTunes Store and App Store login problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.