Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deputy Kiosk App

Hello Everyone !

I am looking to buy an iPad 2 , in order to use the deputy kiosk application. I just tried to install it on an originaliPad , and it informed me that it needs iOS 8 to run the application. I noticed in the notes it says the iPad 2 will run a " bare bones " version of iOS 8 , Will this bare bones version of the operating system work for this application ?

Thank you,

Joey Diaz

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 1:45 PM

2 replies

Feb 10, 2016 3:39 PM in response to EJoeyDiaz

> I am looking to buy an iPad 2 , in order to use the deputy kiosk application.

Ok but you will have to buy an iPad 2 with iOS 8 already installed. If it runs iOS 7, you will have to upgrade it to iOS 9.x (whatever the latest version is).

> I just tried to install it on an originaliPad , and it informed me that it needs iOS 8 to run the application.

The original iPad can run iOS 5.x and can't go higher than that.

> I noticed in the notes it says the iPad 2 will run a " bare bones " version of iOS 8

I'm not sure that that means. As far as I know we only have 1 iOS version to upgrade to. We can't choose other versions.

Deputy Kiosk App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.