Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I import music not in apple music to iphone

I subscribe to Apple Music and can't find a way to import music that is not in the Apple Music library. In particular, how do I import albums by Tool to my iPhone? They play fine in iTunes on my iMac. There is no option to 'sync music' in iTunes and I can't drag and drop songs to my phone.

This seems like a simple issue and it's frustrating that I can't figure it out intuitively. And I'm sure others have the same issue, but Google is no help.

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 1:57 PM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2016 9:25 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks. This helped.

It is a bit of a pain, though. Some artists (very few, of course) don't have music in Apple Music. Tool, of course, is one of them. It's clunky to have to turn off Apple Music to load other music that I have purchased, just because it's not in iTunes.

I like just about everything Apple does and have been content with Apply Music for the most part, but this is annoying.

And to top it off, I just noticed that I have to re-download all of the music that I had downloaded from Apple Music before I turned Apple Music off on my phone! This is really lame.

(All that, of course, is a critique of Apple, not Limnos! You're help was great!)

How do I import music not in apple music to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.