Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3 (2013) can not connect to the internet after the newest update (7.2). Activation fails and it tries to find the time and region, but somehow can not manage this.

Hello everybody,

i've got Apple TV 3 (2013). Today i've updated it to 7.2 and i don't have internet anymore. I've restored it 2 times and did everything, what was possible for me, but no way. It tries to find the network time and region, but it doesn't stop for some hours already, it can not handle this. Activation fails that's why, and then the 2 only possibilities (after exit from activation by clicking "menu") are "Computers" and "Settings", but it's not possible to entry in my iTunes Store account or to do anything else without internet. It finds wi-fi networks, connect to them, but they don't work without "network time settings". And the Airplay on my iPad or iPhone don't work too.

Could somebody help me please? I've spent the whole day with problem, but without success.

Nick

(Germany)

Apple TV, Apple TV 3d Generation (2013)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 2:49 PM

3 replies

Apple TV 3 (2013) can not connect to the internet after the newest update (7.2). Activation fails and it tries to find the time and region, but somehow can not manage this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.