Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing out a SIM

I'm changing carriers and need to change my SIM card, but I don't know how to do it on an iPhone. Can anyone please help me find the SIM chamber?

Thanks

2008-iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), P:2GHz Intel 2Duo, M: 1GB 667MHz

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 5:32 PM

SIM card

If you were given a SIM card to install, install it before setting up iPhone.

Important: A Micro-SIM card (iPhone 4s) or a Nano-SIM card (iPhone 5 and later) is required to use cellular services when connecting to GSM networks and some CDMA networks. iPhone that’s been activated on a CDMA wireless network may also use a SIM card for connecting to a GSM network, primarily for international roaming. Your iPhone is subject to your wireless service provider’s policies, which may include restrictions on switching service providers and roaming, even after conclusion of any required minimum service contract. Contact your wireless service provider for more details. Availability of cellular capabilities depends on the wireless network.

User uploaded file

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2016 5:32 PM in response to Laura York1

SIM card

If you were given a SIM card to install, install it before setting up iPhone.

Important: A Micro-SIM card (iPhone 4s) or a Nano-SIM card (iPhone 5 and later) is required to use cellular services when connecting to GSM networks and some CDMA networks. iPhone that’s been activated on a CDMA wireless network may also use a SIM card for connecting to a GSM network, primarily for international roaming. Your iPhone is subject to your wireless service provider’s policies, which may include restrictions on switching service providers and roaming, even after conclusion of any required minimum service contract. Contact your wireless service provider for more details. Availability of cellular capabilities depends on the wireless network.

User uploaded file

Changing out a SIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.