Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Numbers from rounding R-squared value and graph equation?

After inputing values into a table, and making a scatter-plot graph, I click "series" add a linear trend-line and check the boxes for "show R-squared value" and "show equation". Both appear on my graph, however they always appear to be rounded. My equation is always "y=x" and my R-squared value is always 1. Even though my lab partner will input the same results into Excel and get an equation like "y=0.9888x+0.00044". Is there a way to fix this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 5:39 PM

Here is an example I made up. Perhaps you could share your data dan screenshot of the chart:

User uploaded file

7 replies

Feb 10, 2016 6:11 PM in response to pamfrombalwyn

Thanks everyone for such quick replies!! I actually figured out what was causing my problem. I was using the shaded gray sidebar of the table, which was causing the graph to only use the Y-values and not the X. Here is a comparison, with Table 1 I was having my problem, but when I moved the values to "normal" cells, the problem was fixed!

User uploaded file

Thanks again!!!

How to stop Numbers from rounding R-squared value and graph equation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.