Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update iPod 5th gen

I have a 5th gen iPod touch that has never been used. It is running iOS 6.1.3, I believe. When I tried to update it to iOS 9, I recieved an error message I do not remember. I connected it to my computer and when I tried to update it using iTunes, when I clicked update on the iPod screen, it only told my my version of iTunes was up to date. I tried to restore it, and the process began, but then I received the message "this device isn't eligible for the requested build." I am trying to update to iOS 9.1. I have restarted my computer, modem, checked my hosts files, and called my internet service provider and have had them lower our security settings to make sure we can connect to the update servers, and I still receive the same error message in iTunes, and the device is stuck in recovery mode, and I don't know how to update it.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:03 PM

4 replies

Can't update iPod 5th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.