Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ihpone restored and when i turned it back on, its asked me to log into my icloud. When i try to log in it says my email is "l****@******" or something although that isnt even close to my email and its not letting me log in.

my iphone restored and when i turned it back on, its asked me to log into my icloud. When i try to log in it says my email is ******** or something although that isnt even close to my email and its not letting me log in. and i bought it second hand use without removing the icloud lock. please someone should help me out. this is my email *******

<Emails Edited by Host>

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.2, SETTING UP THE PHONE

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:27 PM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 6:21 AM in response to pridosco

Hello pridosco,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you're being prompted to enter the password for an Apple ID that does not belong to you. This indicates your iPhone is locked with Activation Lock, and you will need to get in contact with the person you purchased it from in order for them to properly erase their iPhone. For more information about Activation Lock please click on the support link below.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock

Have a good one.

my ihpone restored and when i turned it back on, its asked me to log into my icloud. When i try to log in it says my email is "l****@******" or something although that isnt even close to my email and its not letting me log in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.