Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i take photos from someones facebook page and put them in my iphotos?

I would like to import photos from a friends facebook page into iphoto on my macpro. Is this possible?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 11:41 AM

Do you mean from a Photo Album on their Facebook page? If so, open the photo, and move the cursor to the bottom of the photo until you see the "Options" option. Click on that, then on Dowload, in the Open with dialogue, click on "other" and select Photos or iPhoto (whichever your are running) from your Applications folder, and then click on OK. It will import it to your Photos or iPhoto app.

Cheers,

GB

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 11:41 AM in response to johnfromaffton

Do you mean from a Photo Album on their Facebook page? If so, open the photo, and move the cursor to the bottom of the photo until you see the "Options" option. Click on that, then on Dowload, in the Open with dialogue, click on "other" and select Photos or iPhoto (whichever your are running) from your Applications folder, and then click on OK. It will import it to your Photos or iPhoto app.

Cheers,

GB

Feb 11, 2016 1:17 PM in response to johnfromaffton

The "Other" appears on the photo while it is still in Facebook. Instead of downloading it, you click on Open and then you select the photo app in the dialogue box (Preview is pre-selected).

I tested this with a photo from my brother's Facebook album and it worked without a hitch.

However, if you downloaded it instead, then if you can find it in the Downloads folder (1) in Finder, then you can select it (2), and then use the Share option (3) to move it to your Photos app:

User uploaded file

Cheers,

GB

Feb 11, 2016 8:44 PM in response to LarryHN

Even easier! 🙂 I finally figured out that when I take a screenshot on my iPhone, and then go to my Photos app to retrieve it to use in a post, that all I have to do is drag it from the Photos app to my desktop....I don't even want to tell you the hoops I was going through to get them here before I tried the easiest and most obvious solution (eyeroll)....

GB

Feb 11, 2016 8:42 PM in response to gail from maine

Gail, first off, thanks for all your help. You too LarryHN.

While messing around in FB trying things, I discovered that if I opened my friend's FB album and opened a photo, I could right click on it which opened a drop down list, where I selected downloads and went on to download about 100+ photos. Then it was just a matter of selecting the photos (you can batch select them) and dragging them into an iphoto album I had created to store these together for a DVD slideshow of the Grandkids.

Again thanks for the help, no way I could have figured it out without you guys!

JJ

how can i take photos from someones facebook page and put them in my iphotos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.