Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

router is listed as local tw

my router location is listed as TW but bought router inUSA and use it there. This is creating connection problems. What can I do.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:51 PM

2 replies

Feb 10, 2016 7:17 PM in response to akotnik

Login to the router & configure the location to use US. It may be under the wifi settings.

If you post the model & make it may be easier to help, it could be that the locale is fixed, sometimes ISP's ship them locked down. In that case disable wifi & add an external wifi access point if it has available ethernet connections. Look for any firmware updates on the manufacturers site too, it may be a bug that has been fixed.

If you can't alter it consider a factory reset if you have a record of the settings. It may auto detect the locale from surrounding devices, in which case move away from the access point or clients that are using Taiwan as the locale.

OS X has wifi diagnostics, I can't recall if it shows the locale that surrounding networks broadcast, but here is Apple's help.

Use Wireless Diagnostics to help you resolve Wi-Fi issues on your Mac - Apple Support

You may want to check for other networks broadcasting as TW. iStumber can help if diagnostics fails (I don't have wifi on this machine to check).

https://istumbler.net/

router is listed as local tw

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.