Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

start new message from phone number doesn't work

My iMessage set up is that I can receive messages sent to my phone number and email address (I am logged in to Apple ID) because I have a family member who sends to my email address from her ipad. The problem is that I want everyone who sends from their phone to my phone to send to my phone number and not my email address, even when they use iMessage (so I don't get the messages on my ipad which only receives the email ones). That used to work correctly several months ago, and it does not any longer.

I have "start new conversations" set to start from my phone number, but it still sends from my email address. I have tried possible solutions I found in the discussions, including logging off and on to my Apple ID and turning off iMessage, restarting the phone, turning IM back on, and logging back on. The settings still show me as receiving to my phone and email and starting new conversations with my phone, but it still doesn't work.

How can I get my phone to actually start conversations from the phone while still be logged in with my email?

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:14 PM

There are no replies.

start new message from phone number doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.