Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6, iOS 9.2.1 , unresponsive touch screen

Im using iPhone 6, 16gb , running on ios 9.2.1. Ever since running on this iOS my phone is super Lagging. Even typing is slow and lag. touch screen is sometimes unresponsive. i have to use the power switch to exit ... And by doing that a few times only slightly solved abit of the lag. I have master reset and erase all settings to a new iPhone. But the problem still persist. can anyone help? Or anyone related to this problem?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:39 PM

7 replies

Jan 23, 2017 9:24 PM in response to Ingo2711

I have an iphone7 that was just purchased 1 month ago. Everything worked perfectly fine, up until last week. My touch screen acts really funny. Either it freezes on me, kicks me out of the app or message I'm typing, or puts me at a new position in my text messages... I have completed the factory reset and that helped for a couple of days, but then it started doing the same things again! My cell provider said it could also be bc I have a thick screen protector, not the flimsy plastic one. Has anyone else heard of this causing an issue? Is there anything else we can do with our phones to fix this problem with the touch screen???

Feb 11, 2016 2:13 AM in response to Jadelisha

Did you already set it back factory settings, without using any backup or 3rd party apps afterwards. Set up the personal details manually and test the phone.

If the phone is working again as before the update, use the back up to restore.

If the iPhone is still not working correctly, let the phone be tested by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider, the problem can be hardware related in this case.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Feb 24, 2016 12:05 AM in response to Jadelisha

i have the same problem. I can't even unlock my phone most of the time. Apple needs to take care of this!!

Jadelisha wrote:

Im using iPhone 6, 16gb , running on ios 9.2.1. Ever since running on this iOS my phone is super Lagging. Even typing is slow and lag. touch screen is sometimes unresponsive. i have to use the power switch to exit ... And by doing that a few times only slightly solved abit of the lag. I have master reset and erase all settings to a new iPhone. But the problem still persist. can anyone help? Or anyone related to this problem?

iphone 6, iOS 9.2.1 , unresponsive touch screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.