Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple Pencil work only with certain apps

I've just upgraded to iPad Prop and have bought the Apple Pencil.

The video of how the Apple Pencil uses force and tilt to create thicker and thinner lines and shadow really impressed me. However, since I bought it, I've tried it on a few different notes apps (Evernote, Penultimate, Good Notes etc) and haven't been able to get it to work in the way that appears in the video. Its lack of atency and its touch are magnificent, but I seem to be able to get it to write only with a standard thickness.

Does it work only with certain apps that have been developed/upgraded for use with an Apple Pencil, or is it just that my technique needs work?

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 6:39 PM

2 replies

Feb 10, 2016 10:00 PM in response to PJW1965

The various note taking and handwriting apps may not all be optimized for full Apple Pencil functionality.

Try Notability and/or Noteshelf that have stated updates with full Apple Pencil integration.

Also, drawing apps will be the kind of apps that will showcase all of the functionality and fluidity of the Apple Pencil the best.

Good Luck!

Does Apple Pencil work only with certain apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.