Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iCloud account

I have an iPad 3 with iOS 9, my problem is that iPad have the iCloud account from previous owner and can't contact with him and I don't know the password for delete his account, obviously I want to use my icloud account.

iPad, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 9:20 PM

Well, unfortunately, you can't. The phone you purchased is locked with an Activation Lock, and only the person who put the lock on, or someone who knows that persons Apple ID and passcode can remove it. Return it for a refund if you can. You will never be able to sign on with your iCloud ID, and if you ever have to restore the device, you won't be able to use it.

Sorry,

GB

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2016 9:20 PM in response to NahinB

Well, unfortunately, you can't. The phone you purchased is locked with an Activation Lock, and only the person who put the lock on, or someone who knows that persons Apple ID and passcode can remove it. Return it for a refund if you can. You will never be able to sign on with your iCloud ID, and if you ever have to restore the device, you won't be able to use it.

Sorry,

GB

Change iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.