Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone in China cannot reach US icloud server

Since 2/5/2016, we are unable to connect US icloud server from China.

To prevent theft, we put one our icloud lock then ship to our customers in China. They remove the icloud lock with our password. But for the last few days, they are not able to reach the US icloud server. We tested the following

If we remove the phone from our icloud.com, the incloud account still on the phone until they flash it by holding home button connecting itunes.

Even the phone is online in China, it shows offline in our icloud.com. We try to “play sound”, “ Lock Mode”, or “Erase iPhone”. None of them works.

So the iCloud does not prevent theft, but just give inconvenience to the users. We have been using the icloud lock shipping phones for two years without problems. It is just happened since last week.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2, icloud

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 8:31 PM

5 replies

Feb 11, 2016 7:00 AM in response to lows2011

I am sorry for unsuccessful trying to make sense of what you saying, so if it is a question and if I understood it the answer is once again. Servers are not only in US. People in US sometimes for different reasons are also unable to remove icloud locks from the phones, even with correct password. There are quite a few reasons why it happens, China or their ISP may be blocking something or providing incorrect DNS resolution. or local network blocks encrypted connections that icloud uses. Once again there is no more then that behind inability to unlock device. If you have other questions I will be happy to answer, and if you just want to make a statement - forum is all yours enjoy and sorry for interference.

iphone in China cannot reach US icloud server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.