Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lines on my iPhone 6s Plus and unresponsive touch screen

My iPhone 6s Plus fell flat on the back (it had on a tech21 case which is supposed to protect it from knocks and falls) and immediately lines appeared on the screen, with a quarter of the screen blacked-out. The touch screen is unresponsive. And when I press the home button, the display comes on with blinking lights. Calls to the phone says the number is busy.

I tried to back-up the phone and my pictures but because the iPhone is locked, it is not able to back up on the computer and iPhoto says my Mac is not authorized to access the photos.

It is has been updated with the latest iOS.

Any ideas as to how to resolve it. It is within warranty but I live in a region with no apple support. Is there something I can do? I have left it on to let the battery run out, don't know how that helps.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 10:11 PM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2016 11:54 PM in response to Ladyt_ng

Sorry, but dropping the phone must have damaged some parts inside the phone. You'll have to contact Apple Support to get it serviced or visit an Apple Authorized Service Provider and let them check the phone.

Since dropping the phone is not covered by the warranty, You'll have to pay for the repair.

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

Lines on my iPhone 6s Plus and unresponsive touch screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.