Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting emails from exchange server

I have 2 GB of space provided by company on exchange server. My account type is Exchange Active Sync. The issue is that my mail space is about to get fill and I am unable to send email and receive them. In the same context I installed mac outlook 2011 apart from mail 9.1. My other colleagues who use windows have this option that the windows outlook keeps a copy in the computer and deletes automatically the same from exchange server so there space at the server remain unutilized. I will be grateful if somebody helps to do the same on Mail 9.1 for OS x El Captian or Mac outlook 2011. The mail should be come on Mail 9.1 or Mac Outlook 2011 and deleting the same from Exchange Server.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Mail 91

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 10:46 PM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2016 11:33 PM in response to gregory202

The actual issue is that as my friends use outlook on windows the mail arrives the same in their outlook and the same is removed from the server. They dnt have any space utilised on the server. I had also installed Mac Outlook 2011 and downloaded all the emails but still the they are in the server occupying all the space. I will be grateful if you can kindly guide me in detail as I want that when the mail is received in my mailbox in Mac Mail 9.1 or mac Outlook 2011 it should automatically be removed from the server.

Your help and support will be highly appreciated.

Feb 12, 2016 4:02 AM in response to Umarrzzzz

It means that they setup their email on the computer as POP account with automatic removal of received emails. I would be happy to assist with step by step, but as I mentioned before, I mostly help people with IOS devices and I do not remember of the top of my head those steps. You can google them or go and ask same question on mac mail thread here on Apple support communities, or they may be able to assist with outlook as well. Or you can contact MIcrosoft about Outlook, cause there other consequences to that setup and you may want to decide to not do that.

OS X El Capitan

Deleting emails from exchange server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.