Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iPhone 6s

Hi,

I recently bought new iPhone 6s , I notice that whenever I syncing , the new apps that I downloaded doesn't appear in iTunes nor in the itunes folder . For example , for my iPhone 5s ,I downloaded Expedia , and it will have the app folder/files in my hard disk under the file name iTunes And it will appear in the apps in iTunes . But for my 6s , it doesn't not appear .

Is it the firmware issues or my phone issues? Music and photos are able to sync .

ios 9.2.1

iphone 6s

Thank you.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 12:36 AM

5 replies

Feb 11, 2016 6:42 AM in response to Nicholas'

You will be able to download your apps again and the data should be in place if you restore from a backup. Here is a copy and paste from a level, and highly respected forum member that knows iTunes inside and out. I would just post the discussion link here, but this was a thread in the Water Cooler of the Lounge where only members that ach ied level 6 or higher can access.

As far as I can tell these are the salient points.

• Apps on a device can no longer be transferred into back into a library by iTunes (as of iOS 9 & iTunes 12.2).
  • If an app that isn't in your library is pulled from the store then it has gone (unless you can find a third party tool to extract the package from a device).
  • Apps transferred from the library to a device should be thinned, so downloading and updating on your computer, then syncing your devices should be fine and won't mean the apps take up more room than if downloaded over the air.
  • When restoring a backup any app that isn't in your library available to be restored should be queued up for download to the device from iTunes in the Cloud, in a similar fashion to the way an iCloud restore works. (A recent change in 12.3?) This should remove the problem of restores that throw away app data because the app wasn't in the library at the time of the restore.

The person that wrote this is turingtest2I believe that he will know that I mentioned him here and he might show up to add something further.

Syncing iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.