Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to send photos from Photos which are not embedded

Dear All

Can anyone please help with this seemingly intractable problem ?

When in Photos I can view them in Albums and choose one to send via email directly through the software up-arrow.

Is this the only way to email photos ?

My photography tutor is having great difficulty as in this way, the jpeg photos which I send come through to him as dot png.

It worked once before when I attached it into an email directly from the desktop.

Alas, this now seems impossible - every photo I 'attach' appears embedded in the email before I send it.

Is there anyway I can attach a photo which sits on the email subject line and not shown to the recipient before he clicks on it to open it?

On an earlier posting on this matter - dated 2007, someone asked a similar question and the response was " go to mail format settings and chose plain text"

I did this and it made no difference.

Thank you in advance

Best wishes from Springtime West Wales UK !

iMac, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 1:22 AM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2016 9:37 AM in response to Moleykins

Hello Moleykins,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you are looking for options to send photos from your iPhone. You can attach a photo from email on your computer, but the following article provides the way to send photos from your iPhone.

iPhoto for iOS (iPad): Send photos by email

If you are having problems sending photos, you might find some suggestions in the following article:

If you can‘t email photos from iPhoto

Best regards.

Feb 12, 2016 12:45 PM in response to jeffd55

Thank you Jeff. i must apologise for not mentioning that I send photos from my imac or my iPad. Never my iPhone.

My specific question unfortunately hasn't been addressed outright. About attached an image or images rather than them being "embedded" in the mail.

on the link you kindly sent me, dating from some years ago, it says to click on the selected photo and choose 'view as icon '.

Is feature still valid today ?

thank you very much

Moleykins

Unable to send photos from Photos which are not embedded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.