Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fortran and Xcode

Hello,

I am a CES student and programming beginner. We were learning C++ and I have used Xcode so far and it handles C++ very well. Now we're moving on to Fortran and I would like to know if there's a way to use Xcode for that too - I imagine there must be some Xcode plugin for Fortran? If not, is there another way to work with Fortran on a Mac where I can build and run programs? I'd rather not use a simple editor, since it lacks those features.

Thank you,

Bruncky

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), 2TB FD, R9 M395X, 3.3GHz i5, 32GB

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 12:26 PM

There are no Xcode plugins of any kind. There is a "rogue" plug-in architecture for Xcode but any mention of it will get one's post pulled immediately. Getting FORTRAN to work with Xcode is a major challenge. Just getting FORTRAN to even run on a Mac is an impressive accomplishment. I suggest using ssh to login to a school server or installing Linux in a VM.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 12:26 PM in response to BrunoBrunck

There are no Xcode plugins of any kind. There is a "rogue" plug-in architecture for Xcode but any mention of it will get one's post pulled immediately. Getting FORTRAN to work with Xcode is a major challenge. Just getting FORTRAN to even run on a Mac is an impressive accomplishment. I suggest using ssh to login to a school server or installing Linux in a VM.

Fortran and Xcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.