Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

events

In the latest version of iPhoto, another problem:

I imported new photos taken on the same date. I grouped them into 2 events according to subject.

I can find the last event under Last Import in the albums list.

Where is the next-to-last new

event?

All the events already in iPhoto before I downloaded the latest version of iPhoto, are now listed in chronological order under IPhoto Events. Fine.

But where will be the new events I will create with new imports?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 12:30 AM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2016 12:45 AM in response to handercat

TThis sounds like you were asking about the ne Photos for Mac application and not about iPhoto 9.6.1, the last version of iPhoto? Are you asking about the new Photos.app?

PHotos for mac replaced the events by moments and rhey are completely automatic. You can only add photos to albums and not to moments.

iPhoto only shows one last event separately. To see the split events, select a photo in your last import and use the command "show event"

Feb 11, 2016 3:47 PM in response to handercat

If you're referring to the new Photos app

User uploaded file

the following may be of help to you:

Moments in Photos are the new Events, i.e. groupings of photos sorted by date taken.

When the iPhoto Library was first migrated to Photos there is a folder created in the sidebar titled iPhoto Events and all migrated iPhoto Events (which are now Moments) are represented by an album in that folder. To open the sidebar if it's not already open use the Option+Command+S key combination.

NOTE: It's been reported by several users that if the Event albums are moved out of the iPhoto Library folder in the sidebar they may disappear. It's not widespread but several users have reported that issue. Therefore, if you want to assure that you keep those Event albums don't move them outside the iPhoto Events folder.

There's a way to simulate events in Photos.

When new photos are imported into the Photos library go to the Last Import smart album, select all the photos and use the File New Album menu option or use the key combination Command+N. Name it as desired. It will appear just above the iPhoto Events folder where you can drag it into the iPhoto Events folder

When you click on the iPhoto Events folder you'll get a simulated iPhoto Events window.

Albums and smart albums can be sorted by Title, by Date with oldest first and by Date with newest first.

Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Photos via Apple-Photos Feedback.

User uploaded file

events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.