Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlocked iphone got blocked after inserting second SIM

Hi,

I bought a brand new unlocked Iphone6 on Ebay. It worked fine with the Virgin network in the UK, however, I then went abroad and changed the network provider to a different one and I am not able to use the phone as the new SIM is blocked. Does it mean the phone got locked and requires being unlocked?

Many thanks for any advice

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 3:02 AM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2016 10:15 AM in response to skakanek

Hi skakanek,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

Based on your situation, I'd recommend following these steps from How to unlock your iPhone for use with another carrier:

Follow these steps if you have any issues or if you see this message in iTunes or on your device:

"The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store."

1. Restore your iPhone to factory settings.
  2. Contact your carrier to make sure that the unlock was applied in your carrier's system.
  3. Restore your iPhone from a backup.

Sincerely.

unlocked iphone got blocked after inserting second SIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.