Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore iPhone from Itunes with a view to unlock phone operator

I have OSX El Captain 10.11.3 and Itunes 12.3.2.35, which are the latest update that I have. Both software confirm that this is the latest! I try a restore as indicated by the Phone network supplier from Itunes. That leads me to update the IOS version but, i have the latest one already.... If I confirm the update, as I have no other choices, that is when Itunes freezes..... Only restrictions that was on the phone was find my phone that was disabled prior to starting the process... Does anyone what to do???

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 9.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 1:51 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 9:37 AM in response to Didier54

Hi Didier54,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with iTunes and your iPhone. If I am understanding you correctly, it sounds like you are trying to restore you iPhone as part of a carrier unlocking, as outlined in the following article:

How to unlock your iPhone for use with another carrier - Apple Support

If you are having issues restoring your phone, due to iTunes hanging or other issues, you may want to make sure you have a current backup of your data, then try restoring it from Recovery Mode as outlined in this article:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

restore iPhone from Itunes with a view to unlock phone operator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.