Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random number added to my Apple ID iMessage

Can someone help me?! I've just had a pop up notification saying a phone number that's not mine is using my Apple ID/iMessage. I've gone to my settings and my actual number is greyed out. It isn't a new phone/SIM card. How do I fix it and remove the telephone number that's not mine?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 2:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 9:58 AM

Hi melzduff,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with Messages. I'm a bit unclear on the exact alert message you saw, but if it appears that an incorrect or unknown phone number is using your iMessage account, you may want to double-check that your iPhone's phone number is correctly linked with your Apple ID, as outlined in the following article:

Link your iPhone number and Apple ID to use iMessage and FaceTime - Apple Support

Regards

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2016 9:58 AM in response to melzduff

Hi melzduff,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with Messages. I'm a bit unclear on the exact alert message you saw, but if it appears that an incorrect or unknown phone number is using your iMessage account, you may want to double-check that your iPhone's phone number is correctly linked with your Apple ID, as outlined in the following article:

Link your iPhone number and Apple ID to use iMessage and FaceTime - Apple Support

Regards

Random number added to my Apple ID iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.